Weck glass canning jars have been a mainstay in European kitchens since the 1900s, when German merchant Johann Weck pioneered the science of water-bath canning. Weck jars are still a reliable favorite of European home cooks for preserving and storing foods. Wide mouths make these tulip jars simple to fill, while rubber-ringed glass lids create an airtight seal that’s easy to check at a glance. Attractive enough to bring to the table for serving, the storage jars are perfect for everything from infused vinegars to homemade preserves. They’re also handy for storing dry goods in the pantry.
- Each clear-glass canning jar features a glass lid with rubber ring and two rustproof stainless-steel clamps for creating an airtight seal.
- Gracefully curved jars have a wide-mouth design to simplify filling.
- Seal is easy to check at a glance: the pull tab on the rubber ring should face downward.
- Replacement rubber rings and clamps are available.
- Stackable for convenient storage.